A Bonspiel is curling tournament, often held on weekends, where you can compete with a variety of teams, be social, and have fun. This is where you get to pit you new found skills from league play against traveling teams within our club or at other clubs you may want to experience.
KC Barbecue Bonspiel
Dates TBA in the Summer
This is our annual event held each August that attracts a wide variety of experience. Enjoy challenging ice and great barbecue Saturday Night.
3 games minimum
$110 per player $440 per Team early Bird Registration.
Come out and watch the action for free. Up to 32 Teams will compete starting Friday with draws (matches) at 5, 7 and 9pm. Matches continue all day Saturday with those teams who keep winning playing Sunday morning from 9am to 1:30pm.
Our Bonspiel is an "OPEN" Event. Bring a team or join us as an individual, couple, group of friends. However many curlers you have, members from our club will gladly fill out your team if needed.
Kansas City Curling Club @ Line Creek Community Center, 5940 NW Waukomis Drive, Kansas City, MO 64151
Bonspiel Chair: DeeAnn Moore Questions: 816-678-7634 or email@example.com
- Early Registration: $440 per team; $110 per individual registered and paid before July 1st. After July 1st. $500 per team. $125 per individual and paid in full to guarenteed spot.
- Open Spiel: All Participants Welcome. Individuals and Partial teams accepted (we can find KCCC Members you can curl with).
- 3 Game Guarantee, 8 End Games, 4 Event Winners + 1st Event Bronze Medal Match
- Food and Drink (yes, we have beer) provided throughout the event. Enjoy our KC Hospitality. Barbecue dinner provided on site Saturday night.
- 5pm, 7:15pm, and 9:30pm Friday night first draws. Spiel concludes on Sunday at 2:00 pmish.
- Final Deadline: 28 Teams or July 29th
- Hotels: There are plenty of hotels within 5 miles. Unfortunately there are none within walking distance.
- August in KC can be quite nice, so bring you golf clubs and stay awhile! List of Golf Courses
- Jazz, Blues, Museums, etc. - Check out the "Visit KC" link to see the many attractions KC has to offer. Watch Cool Video of our Fair City.
- With 200 offically registered fountains, this is why Kansas City is called the "City of Fountains"ity of Fountains".
- Airfare from Chicago, Dallas, Milwaukee, Denver, Indianapolis, St. Louis, St. Paul and others are roughly $250-$300 roundtrip on Southwest.
TRAVELING TO OTHER SPIELS
We highly recommend you attend our neighboring club spiels .
There are a dozen clubs within 7 hours by car of KC and over 2 dozen clubs within 9 hours.
This Omaha club 3 hours to the north puts on the "Irish Open Bonspiel"in Mid March
These 4 clubs sit within 6 hours of KC if you are looking to curl on dedicated ice. Travel to St. Paul and you will find 5 clubs totaling 20 sheets of curling ice
St. Louis Cedar Rapids Dallas Ft. Worth
All have great summer spiels you should attend
Recently completed in 2013, this is the type of club we aspire to be like. They have a number of spiels to choose from.