Welcome to the Kansas City Curling Club
Founded in 1987, the Kansas City Curling Club has been providing curling to the local communities on both sides of Missouri and Kansas. We currently play 5 sheets of ice out of Line Creek Community Center, which is located in Kansas City, MO.
Guests are always welcome to watch for free, or you can sign up for a Learn-to-Curl, play a match, or join one our leagues that are held on Saturdays and Sundays during the season.
Line Creek Community Center is a facility that hosts many events of which curling is one. Our times for curling are Saturdays (late afternoons) and Sunday (mornings) during the season. Please review our flyer for specific days/times that we are on the ice.
In the case of severe weather, regular curling times will go on as scheduled if Line Creek Community Center is open. To find out about cancellations, please call Line Creek before your scheduled draw times at 816-513-0760. However, use your own discretion and don't drive on the roads if you don't feel safe. Please also contact firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP if you don't plan on being at curling.
More Learn-to-Curl sessions for the months of January and February have been posted. We are currently only offering lessons on Sunday mornings, if interested. Please check out our Learn to Curl page for more information and how to sign up.
Winter League is now underway, however, we are still accepting late registrations!
If you can't commit to a full league, and are interested in subbing for one of our league dates, please contact email@example.com for more information.
New Rule Changes
Due to the restrictions currently in place because of COVID-19, the operation of this league will be different than normal.
- Masks are required in the ice shed. If you are not wearing a mask, you will be asked to leave.
- There will be temperature checks at the door to the ice shed.
- All equipment will be sanitized prior to the games.
- USCA and our club recommends only using 1 sweeper at a time. If you are playing a 4-person team, the two sweepers are asked to alternate between sweeping, and timing the stone with a stop watch.
- Maintain social distancing both on and off the ice. Please stand between the hog lines while you wait.
- Each team will be responsible for the movement and set up of their own stones.
- No handshakes before or after the game.
- Line Creek Community Center has requested that we do not socialize in the spectator area before or after the game. Please arrive and leave as quickly as possible.
It's a lovely time!
Looking for something fun do with your sweetheart this Valentine's Day weekend? Why not share this time together at our Valentine's Learn to Curl event on February 13th! Here, we will be giving everyone the chane to experience this winter sport by showing them how to throw a stone, and how to sweep. No experience needed, and we will provide all of equipment!
We will be instructing the sessions in small groups to offer a better learning experience and also to follow along with our current COVID-19 regulations.
We have some exciting news!
We are pleased to finally announce that we are working toward a dedicated ice facility. At this point, we have signed a Letter of Intent with the owner of a property in Blue Springs. We are working diligently with the owner, architect, and the city of Blue Springs to make this a reality for our club. However, we still need your help! We are looking to raise additional funds to help secure the site and keep that facility running for the first year. For more information, please visit our GoFundMe page.